Zusatzinhalte für Flight Simulator X
Flight Simulator X Add-on: Harrier Jump Jet -E-
The first Harrier took to the air in October 1961.
The unique vectored thrust engine and nozzle arrangement remained basically unchanged throughout the life of the type right through to the final versions.
The first production types were designated GR1 and were delivered to RAF squadrons as attack fighter-bombers in mid-1967. The Royal Navy was also interested in the Harrier and ordered a special sea-going version called the Sea-Harrier FRS1 or more commonly, “SHAR”. Basically a GR1/3, the FRS1 differed in that it had a conventional pointed nose with concealed radar and as such is a cleaner design in that area.
The GR3 is the first of the type to see combat action and flew with the RAF partnering Royal Navy FRS1s during the Falklands conflict of 1982.
The Harrier went on to be adopted by the US Marines and was continually upgraded with very sophisticated avionics and weapons systems and designated AV8-A. Two-seat trainers were also built and later models were bought by the Spanish Navy.
Recently retired from active service in the UK, the Harrier must surely take its place in aviation history as one of the great aircraft advances of the modern age.
Facts & Features:
- Requires Flight Simulator X
- Internet-connection required for online registration.
- Fully detailed, accurate exteriors depicting the famous GR3 (RAF) and FRS1 (RN) from the Falklands War period.
- Many detailed animations including retracting eyelids over the glass radar nose (GR3), jet nozzles, flaps and all flight control surfaces and landing gear.
- Accurate weathered texture sets depicting various frontline and training units of the Royal Air Force, Royal Navy and US Marines, low and high vis schemes used in the Falklands War.
- Fully featured Virtual Cockpit with illuminated HUD and 3D gauges including engine set and tank selectors, navigation gauges, radios and weapons loadouts. Fuel dump function is also included.
- Fully functional Head Up Display : airspeed, barometric altitude, magnetic heading, flight path vector, radio-altitude, navigation information, target designation box, alert messages, G load factor, Mach number, bank angle.
- Advanced radar showing AI traffic and other player aircrafts (if used in a multi-player session). It features three scanning modes and target information. The locked target can be displayed on the HUD.
- A unique flight model has been developed for this aircraft which allows highly realistic simulation of the vertical takeoff and landing VTOL characteristics of the Harrier. Even the famous “airshow bow” can be replicated!
- An authentic sound set is included.
- Special effects include exhaust smoke which changes with nozzle position and ground effect effects to make the visuals highly realistic.