Red Faction: Armageddon -E-
Half a century after the Red Faction resistance and their Marauder allies freed Mars from the brutal Earth Defense Force, harmony on Mars is again threatened but this time by a lethal force shrouded in mystery.
When the massive Terraformer that supplies Mars with its Earth-like air and weather is destroyed, the atmosphere turns to chaos, super-tornados and lightning storms engulf the planet. To survive, the Colonists flee to the underground mines and build a network of habitable caves.
Five years later, Darius Mason, grandson of Martian Revolution heroes Alec Mason and Samanya, runs a lucrative business from Bastion, underground hub of Colonist activity. Mining, scavenging, mercenary work--if the job is dangerous, Darius is your man. Few sane people now venture to the ravaged surface, aside from contractors like Darius and the smugglers who run goods between the settlements.
When Darius is tricked into reopening a mysterious shaft in an old Marauder temple, he releases a long-dormant evil and unleashes Armageddon on Mars. As Colonist and Marauder settlements are torn asunder, only Darius and the Red Faction can save mankind. The battle will take them across the storm-blasted planet--and below it, to the very heart of the unspeakable threat.
Facts & Features
- Hell on Mars: Darius Mason can only watch as the surface of Mars is destroyed. Seeking solace underground, an even greater threat emerges against humanity.
- Nano Forge: Unleash the devastating force of the Nano Forge with impact blasts, or suspend enemies in a stasis field with Shockwave.
- Geo-Mod 2.0: The world is your weapon with the most realistic destruction engine around.
- Heavy Artillery: Crunch enemies under your fusion-powered tank, suck them into a black hole with the Singularity Cannon, or use the world as your weapon with the Magnet Gun.
- Infestation Mode: Four players can team up online to battle back the relentless tide of attackers as the mysteries of the ancient threat continue to unfold.